Baking Soda Uses: NATURAL HEALTH
Baking soda is very uncomplicated, in fact, it only contains one ingredient, sodium bicarbonate. Sodium bicarbonate is a base that reacts when it comes in contact with acid substances such as buttermilk, vinegar or yogurt. The reaction produces carbon dioxide as evidenced by the bubbles you see. If you remember when you were in school you probably made some fake volcanoes using vinegar and baking soda.
Sodium bicarbonate is a naturally occurring substance that is found in living things. It’s job is to help keep pH levels where they need to be to sustain life. Because of this ability, baking soda can be used as a healing therapy for a number of conditions.
1. Heartburn and Indigestion Relief – Baking soda is a cost-effective way to reduce heartburn and indigestion, as opposed to other options like Tums and Rolaids, which also contain bicarbonate. Simply add half a teaspoon of baking powder to two cups of water. An hour after eating, drink this mixture to gain some relief.
2. Cancer Prevention – Baking soda is known to increase the pH of acidic tumors without affecting the pH balance of healthy tissues and the blood. When you have a pH imbalance, unhealthy organisms are able to flourish, which damages tissues and organs, and compromises the immune system. Baking soda consumption can be used as a means of nutritional and immune support for people with cancer.
3. Exercise Enhancer – The baking soda benefits can change your exercise routine, too. It has the power to absorb the lactic acid that builds up in muscles during vigorous workouts, which can delay fatigue and enhance your athletic performance. You can consume baking soda by drinking a teaspoon with water.
4. Improve Kidney Function – As an alkaline substance, baking soda buffers acids in the body and helps to keep pH levels balanced. Low-functioning kidneys have a hard time removing acid from the body, so consuming baking soda will help with just that.
5. Reduce Ulcer Pain – Because baking soda neutralizes stomach acid, it’s the perfect remedy for ulcers. Drink a glass of water with 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda to relieve symptoms.
The Benefits of Baking Soda & Lemon
Some call baking soda and lemon juice a miracle solution. Lemons have very strong antimicrobial properties and are powerful against fungal and bacterial infections. They have also been found to regulate blood pressure and help to reduce stress. Research has even found evidence that citrus fruits could be useful in the prevention of cancer. Of course, we know that baking soda helps balance pH levels which make it difficult for disease to take hold.
To make a lemon and baking soda drink mix one tablespoon of baking soda into one glass of water and add the juice of one whole organic lemon in a clean quart glass jar. Fill the jar almost to the top with water and let it set overnight. In the morning, drink a glass of the mixture before eating breakfast.
This will cleanse your digestive tract and balance your pH first thing. Drink another glass of the tonic before bedtime.
Tips and Cautions When Drinking Baking Soda
Baking soda is high in sodium, so it is a good idea not to overdo it.
If you suffer from liver disease, kidney disease, high blood pressure or edema you should not drink baking soda.
Don’t drink baking soda if you are pregnant or nursing.
If you take prescription drugs, be sure to ask your doctor before drinking baking soda.
Children under five should not drink baking soda.
Don’t drink baking soda on a full stomach.
Side effects of baking soda consumption may include increased thirst and stomach cramping.
Full List of Uses: https://draxe.com/baking-soda-uses/