Moringa, native to parts of Africa and Asia, is the sole genus in the flowering plant family Moringaceae. The name is derived from the Tamil word Murungai . It contains 13 species from tropical and subtropical climates that range in size from tiny herbs to massive trees.
Moringa’s health benefits
Antioxidant activity – According to analysis, the powdered leaves of the moringa tree (which is the way most people consume moringa) contains 46 types of antioxidants. One serving, in fact, contains 22 percent of our recommended daily intake (RDI) of vitamin C, one of the most important antioxidants on Earth, and a whopping 272 percent of our RDI of vitamin A. Antioxidants help to neutralize the devastating impact of free radicals, thereby guarding us from cancer and degenerative diseases such as macular degeneration and cystic fibrosis.
Rich in amino acids – The leaves of the moringa tree contain 18 amino acids, eight of which are essential amino acids, making them a “complete” protein – a rarity in the plant world. Indeed, moringa’s protein content rivals that of meat, making it an excellent source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. Protein is, of course, needed to build muscle, cartilage, bones, skin and blood and is also needed to produce enzymes and hormones.
Calcium and magnesium – One serving of moringa leaves provides us with approximately 125 percent of our RDI of calcium and 61 percent of our RDI of magnesium. These two trace minerals work in synergy; while calcium is needed to build strong bones and teeth, we also need magnesium to help us absorb it. Since moringa contains generous quantities of both, it is especially good at guarding us from osteoporosis and other bone conditions.
Here are the benefits of continuous intake of Moringa Tea:
1. Increases the Natural Defenses of the body
2. Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain.
3. Promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients
4. Promotes the Cell structure of the body
5. Promotes natural Serum cholesterol.
6. Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
7. Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
8. Beautifies the skin
9. Promotes energy
10. Promotes proper digestion
11. Acts as an antioxidant
12. Takes care of the immune system of the body
13. Promotes healthy circulatory system
14. It is an anti-inflammatory
15. Gives a feeling of general wellness
16. Supports the normal sugar levels of the body.